Salvation is being set free from sin through Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins and through His sacrifice, we are united with our Heavenly Father. Sin had separated us from a Holy God. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God”.
Therefore we ALL need a Savior. God requires us to turn from our sin and accept Jesus as our personal Savior. “We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
To become a Christian, we must do the following:-
- Admit we have sinned – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- Believe in Jesus – “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life”. (John 3:16).
- Confess and leave our sin - “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”. (1 John 1:9).
Once we have obeyed these three simple steps the Holy Spirit does a miracle in our hearts and we become a ‘New Creation in Jesus Christ’. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17).
In John Chapter 3 Jesus is found talking to a very religious leader in the Jewish Church who was unsure where he would spend eternity. Jesus said that to see the Kingdom of God, “You must be born again” (John 3:7). We will not earn a place in heaven through our education, social or political position, and even our religion will not save us, only Jesus.
Before we become a Christian we are dead spiritually, but when we are “Born Again” or become “New Creations” in Jesus Christ we become part of God’s family and now ARE the Children of God (John 1:12-13).
Our old sinful natures are changed because Jesus paid the price for us (Romans 6:6). We therefore have a brand new start to live in victory over the temptations of Satan, who no longer has any hold on us. Our names are then written in the “Lambs Book of Life (Revelation 20:15).
Welcome to the family of God, when you made the decision to accept Jesus as your Savior there was great rejoicing in Heaven but you DO need to fulfil three tasks to maintain your relationship with our Heavenly Father.
- PRAY EVERY DAY (this is how we talk to God).
- READ YOUR BIBLE EVERY DAY (God’s word encourages and strengthens us and helps us grow spiritually).
- ATTEND A BIBLE-BELIEVING CHURCH REGULARLY (Fellowship with other Christians is vital) “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching”. (Hebrews 10:25).